The DFES Amalgamated Legislation Review roadshow is being held in Margaret River tonight, Wednesday, April 3 at 18:30 at the new Margaret River SES Facility on Clarke Road.
DFES staff will be doing a presentation on the legislation that would combine the existing emergency legislations and will be looking for feedback.
Among the issues be covered will be:
- Functions (who does what and when)
- Powers (tools to help us do our jobs)
- Incident Control (first on scene to escalation)
- Career and volunteer protection
- Training (cost, delivery, standards)
- Fuel load management and enforcement (across the different land types)
Further information from the Association Of Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades is available here: